Friday, May 14, 2010

A new day, a new decision

Late Sat. night - Well, I let Nadine do it to me again. She has the ability to stop me cold, and the last time she did this years ago, I stopped writing on a very good book, and I've never gone back to it. I vowed I would never let her do that to me again. But . . . she did and I did!!! So after two days of doubting myself, feeling awful, I finally sat down and drafted a letter to her. I'll tweak it, and probably do some editing, but I intend to type it up and mail it along with her last chapter.
Essentially, I'm cutting bait. She doesn't critique, she shreds. It's been obvious for some time she doesn't like my book and that's okay, I don't really care, but at least critique fairly. And she doesn't, can't or whatever. So will tell her this is no longer working for me and why. Then I'm done with it. I've taken the high road for months, but it's become wearing.
Just making that decision has made me feel like a huge weight has been lifted.
Yeah - now I can get back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment